"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today we meet our son!


3:30 am Wake up!!

Right now it is a little after 6am and I am sitting at the airport waiting. I wonder why they tell you to be 2 hours earlier then it only takes 20 mins or less to get to where you need to be? Lol. So here we sit for the next hour and a half.

The drive to the airport was long. As we got closer I could feel my chest get tighter n tighter, not in a bad way but like excitement! I thought about how this day is so amazing to me. How thru this process I have become so much closer to my heavenly Father. I am not saying that birthing a child is not a magical wonderful God-filled experience, but this...this is different. I wish you all could feel this feeling I have. To have no control at all. That may seem scary and believe me I fought that in the beginning, but wow what a feeling. When I was pregnant I felt a little in control. Each child was in my womb and I could somewhat control what risk I took. Adoption, oh my, adoption is so different. First there are requirements that parent who choose to birth children do not have to adhere to. Lots and lots of paper cuts, I mean paper work. Then there is always a chance as we have come to know that in the end you may not get your child. When in labor you know if everything is going well when your son or daughter come into this world they dont take him/her and say ok now give me XXX amount of money and do XX amount of hours of classes and then we go before a judge and plead your case as to why you want this child. Are we all not so happy that it is not like that!

I really hope that you all really look deep within and prayerfully consider adoption or fostering or sponsoring a child. God requires it of us! It is not some noble act or something we should be proud of. God doesnt say, "Oh wow you are just so awesome to do this for me." Heck No! He says "Finally!" You wont be sorry you did it. You wont come out of the adoption with massive amounts of debt. If it's God's will it's God's bill!

So as I sit here at the airport watching the sun rise I just have to think..God, why do you love me so much? As David said, "Who am I and who is my family that you have brought me this far?" To give me life and life more abundantly! Thank you Lord.
Thank you friends and family that have stood by us in our joy and our sorrow our mourning and our dancing. Thank you for helping us bring Noah home. Thank you for loving us. I can't ever thank you enough.

Soon we will board the plane that will change our lives forever. Today we meet our son. Today.


Be blessed

Please keep our children in your prayers. They do not do well with us being away. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment