"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Huge THANKS to MOPS!!


Today the Moms of Pre Schoolers group of New Ken, Pa had a Mother Daughter tea and took a love offering for our adoption. I wanted to say Thank you Ladies so very very much. They raised $140.25. We are truly blessed by you all.

I was the speaker at the tea. Oh boy, public speaker I am not. I was shaking and almost in tears before they called me up. I prayed and prayed and prayed and then almost threw up then prayed some more. I told God I am no public speaker, why or why would you chose me? But if He wanted me to speak then please be with me and let someone be moved to action. I wasn't speaking to raise money for our adoption, I was speaking on behalf of the 134 million voiceless orphans in this world. I do feel qualified to speak on their behalf by any means but the ladies ask and I accepted.

My prayer is that when people hear about the orphans or hear our story that they will accept the call from God and move into action. I told them that if money was the reason they did not want to take that leap that is not a good enough reason. God will meet all your needs. After I tell people my story I always hope that what happened to us and what I have said does not in any way make them shy away from adoption. We went with a CRAPPY agency that LIED and STOLE, not every agency is like that. Regardless of what we have to go through ever child deserves a family and a place to call home.

I hope to come back and add pictures because this really was such a beautiful event. Thank you all for coming out, thank you all for supporting us. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. How awesome! That was so nice of them. And I bet you did well. When you are passionate about something & when God is in it, the people hear your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your welcome:) We loved having you..and can't wait to meet our newest member Noah!

    ReplyDelete