"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

To be mine for Christmas

That is what I want for my son to be mine completely, for Christmas. I wonder if I will get that?

Some of you may not know how the adoption process works. So even though legally Noah is our son we have had to wait 6 months to finalize. No this does not mean birthmom can come in and take him away. Certain things have to happen before we finalize. The first is six monthly visits from a social worker to make sure all things are good with us and Noah. We have had 5 so far. Also because Noah is special needs his caseworker wanted to make sure he got a medical card to help with all the costs associated with his care. When the final stage is done we can fly back to Texas with all our children and have our day in court where they proclaim Noah to be ours and his name is officially changed. No more calls saying, " Are you Mrs. *******?" To which I reply, "No,but I am Noah's mother." No more visits once a month and we can finally breath.

I must say though that I have not worried about finalization. I am very confident in a few things, my God, our agency and his birthmom. My God knew before I was even born that Noah was my son. Our agency dotted every i and crossed every t. They know their stuff and were so good to us, still are. Noah's birthmom knows this is what is best for Noah. She chose us for a reason and stands behind her decision.

I must say with the recent news of Grayson (and also more updates on their facebook page) it concerned some family members. We got frantic calls of people asking, "They wont take our Noah will they?" No they wont take Noah. Our trust and reliance is in God.

But to be ours wholly and completely before Christmas....oh what a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment