"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

He loves me!

I kept thinking what can I call this blog and the other thing over and over again in my head was "He loves me". Who you ask? Well, God, of course! I had been praying for a camera. No that is not all I pray about but in my funny times I would joke with God and say, "I really want that camera." I didnt ever think I would get it or soon by any means. But God answered my prayers last night. Today as I was talking to Him, thanking Him, and it just amazes me that He cares for even the little things I dont need but want. He reminded me that when you bless others you to will be blessed. Please know I am not saying this to gloat. I am telling you that Jesus loves You and wants to bless you. He also wants us to bless others.

Did you know November is National Adoption Awareness Month? Matthew 25:35-40 says, For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me. Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’

How does that verse fit with National adoption awareness month? Well the orphan is considered a "least of these." If we are going to talk the talk then we need to walk the walk. Read your Bible and you will see what is important to God, the orphan, the widow, the fatherless, the hurting, the weak, the special, the least of these. You can give me every excuse in the book as too why you can't adopt a child, sponsor a child, help finance someone elses adoption, give homeless money or a place to stay, give a single mother a helping hand. You have kids to take care of, you have debt, you have bills, you have school, you only wanna help your "own kind"(BTW- human- is our own kind), you already helped once. Go on tell me why you cant help. I dont want to hear it and thankfully I dont have to, but what about God? What would He say to your excuses?

You know that song What if God was one of us? It is not a christian song and I dont really know it all but that line "What if God was one of us Just a slob like one of us Just a stranger on the bus Trying to make his way home." What would we do? What have we done? Because God is one of us, He is the face of the modern day widow, the single mom. He is the man standing at the red light holding a homeless sign. He is the orphan laying in a crib sedated all day losing hope. He is. Did you help the single mom or chastise her for getting herself "into trouble"? Did you give the homeless man your change or a meal or did you turn the other way saying, "He's probably faking it?" Did you go to that orphanage and hold that child, adopt that child or advocate for that child, or did you say,"I'm not called."?

So, November is national adoption awareness month what are you going to do with that?

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment