"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Angel Tree Kickoff

It's time for the Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree! It kicked off yesterday, November 1st. I will be fundraising for Warner. The children on Reece's Rainbow each have their own grant fund. The larger the grant fund, the more like a child is to find a forever family. A typical international adoption of a child with Down Syndrome is approximately $25,000 (average). Most families are more than able to financially support a child once they get home, but most families do NOT have an extra $25K laying around upfront. Think of it this way, what if you had to come up with $25K before you could have a child the "normal" way? Most people wouldn't have kids, would they? Remember, there is no shortage of families who are willing to adopt these precious children with Down Syndrome, only a shortage of funds to do so.

To donate to Warner's grant fund, simply click on the ornament on my sidebar with his beautiful picture on it. If you give $35, you will receive an Reece's Rainbow ornament with Warner's picture on it. I have never done this before so I can not wait to get an ornament. Eventually, I want to have a whole tree just for my little RR angels! Watch the video below before you decide if you will give or not.

Also if you want to sponsor your own angel CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment