"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shock! and Pleading.

I was on Reece's Rainbow again today looking at all the kids that desperately need our help. I came across Warner's information and it said he had 1835.00 in his account. God is so good! That is wonderful! I was shocked. I am hoping to raise 1000. The next big fundraiser we are doing is our Santa weekend. If we sell out we should bring in at least 800.00 to go to Warner. I am so excited. The more money these kids have the greater chance a family will come forward. Are you Warner's mama or daddy?

I hope and pray that you will prayerfully consider adopting a child. On a fellow bloggers blog I remember her post about the rocking chair test. I wont ever forget it. It said: My best advice to you is to give it "the rocking chair test." Imagine that you're ninety years old, sitting on the porch and rocking in your chair as you reflect back on your life. Will you regret dong it? Pick the decision you can live with, and have no regrets in your choice. Believe in the choices you make."
~Anne Larnella Hood

When you are sitting on the porch what will you be regretting. I pray that in my life my regrets are few. I know that as hard as adoption has been, as stressful as the process is, as expensive as it is then having the child home and dealing with all that comes with a special needs child all the days where I didn't shower and gained weight because I spent weeks eating hospital food rather than home cooked meals, months of no haircuts or eyebrows waxed and days without makeup or clean clothes, and a dirty house, driving a beater because money is greater spent on children than material crap. All that in my life I will count as a blessing. I wont regret that I will regret not doing more.

Remember that scene in Schindlers List where he says "I could have got more, I could have got more. If I had made more money I could have got more. This would have gotten 10 more people" That man bought 1100 people their freedom and in the end all he could think was"I could have gotten more" I always think of that since Noah's adoption. Life is short. This is our only life and what will we do with it. Don't you feel the urgency? Please dont wait. You wont regret it. I promise you you wont. Seeing Noah playing with his sisters is bittersweet. He is home, safe and warm and has a mama to kiss his boo boos, but what about the millions in the orphanages across the world who do they have? Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. There is no greater love than than THIS that you would lay down your life for a child.



Whoever saves a life saves the world entire.-Schindler's List

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment