"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Convicted!

There was an ad for a TV on black Friday for 98.00. That is a good deal. Do we need this TV, no. But what a great deal huh!

Klove was talking today about all the children in Africa that are starving. How a 6 month old weighed 3lbs and her mama walked 20 miles to get to a World Vision Food center. The typical American response is "There are starvin kids here so we need to take care of them first." (This is not my view by the way)

98.00 for a tv that would look great in the schoolroom.
26,000 kids die each day in this world.
25.00 given today will be quadrupled and help feed 4 kids in Africa for a month.

Conviction!

Black Friday is just that, black, dark. We spend thousands that day on crap that we dont need for people that dont appreciate it. We spend money that we dont really have to spend but NEED to get some amazing deals that day. What is wrong with us? Seriously!

I feel like it's not enough. The little I give isnt enough. What good am I doing? We adopted one child what about the 146,999,999 that are still out there needing homes? I have this urgency in me like I need to do more and do it now and yet I cant or wont. I am here. I can't go to Africa, I can't go to Russia, I can't go to the Ukraine right now. What can I do? Why wont more people give? Why are we so self centered? Why are there American families in Napal who have legally adopted children and our government wont let them in our country? Why are airport people being so mean when they pat people down? Why aren't more people adopting? Why aren' we helping? Why isnt it enough? I dont get it!

I will stay in on black friday and I will not buy the tv, but I doubt that will make a difference at all.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment