"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Orphan Sunday- Outta the mouths of babes.

Why are children so much smarter than adults? Why do they feel more than we do?

I have a 6 year old who wears her heart on her sleeve. She told me that she wanted to adopt at least 12 kids when she grows up maybe 20 but all like Noah. What a girl after God's own heart. I only hope I can foster that love so she grows up to be exactly how she is now. She sees Noah and all we are going through with him. Hospital stays, doctors appointments at least 3 days a week every week since we brought him home, feeding issues, stimming behaviors, therapists here 4-5 days a week, a g tube. All of that and she still wants 12 kids just like him. God Bless her.

Here a former orphan talks about being an orphan as only he a 9 year old can. I encourage you to go take a look.

Why cant we be more like them? Our children see orphans and say, "Ok, lets go get them." Yet we adults, so hardened by the world make every excuse as to why we cant. But like that little boy says, "Just ask God to help because He can help and He will."

You know we dont have to save them all. All we have to do is act and pray. If every one of us prayed for every one of them don't you think our God would act?

Lord,

Thank you for loving me and putting up with my selfishness. Thank you for loving me when I mess up. God tonight I pray for the orphans Lord. Be with them. Don't let them feel fear, let them feel you God. As I look over at Noah sleeping I cant help but think of all the other kids that dont have anyone watching them sleep but You. I think about Faith or (her real name) Ksenia, who sleeps in a crib in a cold place with not enough blankets, not enough food, not enough caretakers, not enough clothes, not enough love. She is over there deaf and blind and wanting a mama and daddy. God give her a mom and dad. Heal her pain Lord. Let her family come forth and let her know the love of a mother and father, the love of a Savior. Be with all the ones who have moms and dads on their way. Let them hang in there and know they are going home soon. Be with all the ones who wait and all the ones who aged out of the system alone and afraid. Bring more adoptive parents out and let all the adoptions be paid for. Thank you for sending Your son to ransom us, Lord let our eyes be opened and our hearts be open and let us take the leap that we need to and trust you will not let us fall. Let every orphan in the world find the perfect amazing loving home and soon. In Your name I pray. Amen.



"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows we know and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment