"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget

Where was I 9 years ago today? I was giving my beautiful only daughter a bath. The phone rang so I scooped her chunky 7 month old body up out of the tub and wrapped her in a warm green towel. I carried her down the hall talking and laughing with her. I can still remember the hard floor and how it felt walking down the hall. I turned into the bedroom and picked up the phone. It was Paul. He ask if I saw what happened? I said no. I turned on the tv. At this point it was just an accident, probably a tired pilot who lost control or fell asleep, that is until I saw the second plane. "There is another plane?!" "what?" "It is really low...oh..oh my...oh God no! No, no no! Lord!"

My naked baby was playing on the floor. I just watched a plane fly into a building, the people on the news went nuts. 2 planes? That can not be an accident. Whats going on? I don't remember how long Paul and I were on the phone but we talked on and off all day. I dont remember when I first heard the words "terror attack." But I do remember falling on my face and crying out to Jesus. "Is this the end, Lord? Will it hurt? Please God keep us safe, be with those people, get them out safe. Lord, what about Trinity, shes just a baby, she has her whole life God. Please spare us. Let my husband come home to me tonight God, please." I remember seeing people jumping from the buildings on the news, no one knew what it was until it was already aired on the tv. It was horrific. I will not forget those images. The buses had stopped, the planes had stopped and I had no idea what was happening. I was just so scared. I held my baby and cried for hours. I remember in the aftermath the sound outside, it was eery silence.
I questioned if Jesus had come back and I ddidnt get to go. I would look for my daughter. If she was still here then it wasnt the rapture...right? It was just so horrible and tragic that I didnt think that it could ever happen not to us, not before Jesus came.

I have forgotten a lot over the years and usually when I am in a highly emotional state I lose my memory, probably a coping mechanism I picked up as a child. I remember everything from that day 9 years ago. I will never forget.

So on this day of remembering remember those who died. Remember their families, remember the ones it left orphaned and widowed. Remember and pray. While you are remembering and praying please pray for THIS FAMILY their child they plan to adopt is in the hospital and it does not look good. Lift them up please. God is bigger.


Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment