"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

18 years later

I marvel at the work of my God.

Just the other day I realized that when I was having my 11th birthday party in Pa my son's mother was being born in Texas. Can you imagine? The day I woke up and celebrated my birth I can imagine God smiling knowing that this perfect little life that at that very moment was being born would carry my child and hand him to me 18 years, to the day, later. Can you grasp that? I don't even think I am grasping the fullness of that. Wow. It makes me cry to think of that.

It is so amazing to me how unaware we are, but then to think how very aware God is. Each birthday Noah's birthmother and I celebrated was getting us closer to the birthday we would celebrate together. How God told Paul and I to adopt when Noah's birthmother was struggling with the painful decision on what to do for the child she was carrying. When Paul and I were raising money for a child in Russia and praying and hoping she would join our family Noah's birthmother had chosen a family for her child. When we were grieving the loss of our daughter in Russian Noah was being born. When we started looking into agencies Noah's adoptive family backed out of his adoption. When we called a woman we never met who told us about a little boy in Texas our lives would be forever changed. Then those two women who shared a birthday 11 years apart in two separate parts of the country now share a bond like no other.


Thank you Lord for all Your beautiful surprises.


We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.
But those who make their journey home across time & miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us
by God's very own hands.
--- Kristi Larson


Be blessed

1 comment:

  1. God is amazing! He works in such intricate ways. He's filled my life with many of those kinds of date similarities. He cares about us down to the very minutest detail!

    ReplyDelete