"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

The lighter side of g tubes



I saw that video and Paul and I laughed so hard. It is good to laugh, to see the lighter side of the tube. All we are seeing is redness and soreness and a fussier than normal baby. Dont get me wrong he is a trooper. It's more me and Paul that are whining and fussy and tired and red. Lol. His mic key button is red which they say is normal, but it makes my stomach hurt. Then there is the matter of dressing him. Thats fun. He has this ferral bag attached 24/7. So we have to watch that with clothes. I dont want it to be pulled or too tight. We ran out of button down one piece outfits since he has peed through everything the past few days.

We got all his medical supplies delivered. Then a home care nurse came over to fill out more paperwork and answer any questions. She didnt know anything about the pump we got, but lucky for me they sent a lady to the hospital to teach me and I picked it up quickly so I showed her and Paul. I dont blame her for not knowing, they change technology so much. She was very nice to us and Noah. I hope this doesnt sound bad but Noah kept staring and staring at her with like a puzzled look on his face and I wondered, has he ever seen a black person before?

Tonight was a good night so far. I am super exhausted. Dinner was late, bedtime was pushed back bathtime was a bust but kids are healthy, fed, taken care of and loved. So all in all a good night! Noah is back in our room in his bassinet and he is getting too big for it, I see that now. I just dont want him to roll or tangle on all these tubes.

He has a bunny with a g tube coming in the mail to him. I wanted him to have something that had a tube like him so he could relate and not feel different. I also plan to make him a doll like in the video above. It will be for the girls mainly so they dont think it is some weird boo boo that Noah has but rather just treat it for what it is another way to eat. The doll will take about 3 months to make because that is how long it will take to get all the extra parts we will need. I doubt that Paul will let him play with "dolls" so that is why he is getting the bunny. The place I got the bunny from also sell clothes for all different special needs. I didnt think we would need any clothes to be different but for as long as he has the bag we will need mainly button down one piece outfits, we dont have many of those so we will have to make due.

I am going to put up some pictures and hopefully a video or two but for now I am hoping to sleep uninterrupted for the first time in a week. I have shoots all day tomorrow so maybe Sunday they will get done, we will see. Thank you all again for the prayers.

Goodnight and Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment