"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Envy is the word I would use

I was reading a few blogs I follow and 2 more families are over adopting their children. I am happy for the children and the parents but oh how I long for it to be our turn. I think about how maybe it would be our turn had we not gone with a corrupt adoption agency. Paul and I had no idea these people were scamming us.

We know God has this child in mind for us. Because of recent events and having no agency right now but still wanting this child we are limited as to what we can do. Oh but how my God is limitless.

I worry about the dossier, not only expiring but also whether or not they can be used by any other agency other than our old agency. This journey for me was never suppose to look like this. When I think of how much money we've spent to have nothing it makes me physically ill.

Small Victory

First, Paul called the doctor that did our psych eval who was from this agency. He ask if the psych eval was going to be finished and the guy said no. After hearing that he told the doctor he expected a full refund. The guy said we would have to talk to the adoption agency because they handled all his money.(I am so sure!)Paul called the adoption agency to see if the money was refunded yet. The director wasn't in. He called back, Nope sorry not in. They my friend told me to call and say if I do not speak to a director the next call I make is to a lawyer or BBB or insert threat here. So I called Paul. It was better he handle this rather than me because the quote "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" was said after someone met me!

So he called again and said he would call every 15 minutes until he got that person on the phone. That didn't take long, lol. He was put on the phone. The guy said that the money would be in the fed ex guys hands by the end of business today. Thank you Jesus! He did say when ask about the psych eval that money wasn't part of it and he would have to call some other place to cut us a check.

So small victory, but a victory none the less. One more thing God is showing me that He is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble(Ps 46:1) and that all things work together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.(Romans 8:28)

We still need prayer for direction on how to bring this child home and who to trust. Pray please for clear doors to be open and shut. Pray that all the money comes and that we can travel soon. That God's love and name would be very present to all who hear our story.

So I am clinging to this scripture
James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


Blessings,

Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment