"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

When do you know its a door shut rather than an obstacle?

This is what I got in my email as I woke up this morning. I want my daughter. I want to know yes or no, stop messing with me Russia! I just dont understand! Tell me yes formally or no formally so I can move on as best I can. Heres the story:

Russia: US adoptions freeze to last for weeks

(AP) – 1 hour ago

MOSCOW — Russia's children's rights ombudsman says adoptions to the U.S. will remain suspended until a new agreement is negotiated, and he expects this will take up to two months.

Russia froze U.S. adoptions last week after a boy was put on a plane back to Russia by his adoptive American mother. The woman said she "no longer wishes to parent" Artyom Savelyev, who just turned 8.

A U.S. delegation had been expected to begin talks on a new adoption agreement in Moscow on Monday, but their flight from Washington was canceled due to volcanic ash. It was now not clear when the talks would start.

Pavel Astakhov told reporters Monday that he predicts an agreement will be signed within a couple of months. In the meantime, he says all adoptions will be frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment