"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Breastfeeding?

So with the news of our Russian adoption stopped and going in a totally different way I have been thinking about the what if's. What if we do get a newborn? Could that ever really happen? So then I started thinking about breastfeeding, why you ask, because I nursed all my babies. If we did get chosen and were to adopt a newborn would that even be an option?

I started doing some research. Turns out that there are quite a few women who adopt and nurse their babies. There is an all natural supplement called Fenugreek, which I always recommend to new moms. I used it and man did it help with producing more milk when I thought I was low. There are also 2 drugs that your dr can prescribe.

What I would do is I would start taking them and then also start pumping for as long as I can stand and the goal is to one day produce milk. I would need a dual pump.

If we did not get an infant soon then I guess it would have all been for nothing and I would have to deal with lactating and having no child. That is the only thing holding me back right now. I guess I will have to think on it more. But I never thought it would even be a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment