"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Calling..

Saturday I got to go to the NICU and take pictures of a preemie. It was such a rewarding and amazing experience. I had to travel about an hour or so then when I got to the hospital I had to scrub in. That was kinda cool, made me feel like an important doctor or something lol. I tapped the sink with my knee, got a ton of soap and scrubbed up to the elbows for 2 minutes. during that time I imagined working with Addison Montgomery or Mc Dreamy. Seriously I did. After that I had to use another soap and wipe that up top the elbows then I had to have my bags all put in hospital bags. I was only allowed to get into the camera bag. Followed that by getting in a really hot gown and I dont mean sexy. Man I have never sweat so much! Finally it was time to shoot.

I wasnt allowed to bring props or touch the baby. Technically I could have but then it would be scrub scrub scrub again and back to shooting so I didnt touch. Plus I didnt want to touch him and have a monitor go off or something. Could you imagine? He was so very very tiny. Already 3 month old and only 6lbs but still, very little. I got the pics and then got that sweaty gown off and headed home. The feelings as I walk out of the hospital rushed me and I started to tear up. I do that a lot. What can I say, the Spirit moves me. :) Anyways, it was just amazing to be a part of something. Amazing to see this child that some doctors would refuse to treat, some people would abort and here he was fighting for every breath, fighting for every milestone, fighting to be recognized as a human life, a life worth saving. It was amazing.



Be blessed

2 comments:

  1. Precious treasure..

    Beautiful pictures as always.

    LineMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a beautiful little one with DS! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete