"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BABIES!!!!

I love when a new life enters this world! Such joy and celebration! This morning at 4:33am my best friend Breana had her 4th child Ezra Grey. What a great name!! I told her if she didnt use it I would lol. Ezra was a prophet of the Old Testament, a priest who returned to Judah from exile in Babylon. Ezra means Aid or help. Grey is an English name meaning pleasant. One meaning of grey is also gray haired which I think is funny which Ezra meaning aid or help so watch out Breana this child may aid in you getting gray hair, lol!! We will just chose to believe he will help others and be pleasant. I pray that Ezra Grey would give his family a lifetime of happiness and be a child after God's own heart. Be blessed Ezra and family.

I love babies! I love how teeny they are, so perfect all of them are. I love their smell and their soft soft skin. Tonight I have the pleasure of meeting Ezra and taking his pictures. He will be less than a full day old. I have looked forward to this since she was about 6 weeks pregnant. Ezra like all babies is a true miracle from God. I want to capture that on film. I dont think I have ever been more excited to take a picture.

This morning as I was waiting for the text announcing his arrival, getting all of 3 maybe 4 hours sleep I thought about Noah's birthmom. Breana told me how much in love she is with Ezra after him being just minutes old and how she never wanted to put him down. Then I thought about how much she loved him and how much all mothers love their children (in an ideal world just go with it) and how we would feel handing that child to another woman not for a moment but for a lifetime. I thought about the paper the birthmother signs giving away her right to the child she bore. When I imagined this my chest hurt so much I couldnt imagine doing this and I am sure no mom just giving birth would want to either. It gave me a new apprechiation for our child's first mother. I am so grateful for her.

I thought about how hard it is for me just to give my children over to God let alone having to give them to another woman. See I am a person who likes control. I feel safer. The world has taught me if I do this this and this then this will happen. Logically. But God is teaching me that nothing is impossible and He has a better way than I could ever make for my kids.

So daily I will pray that I can give my children over to God and know that they are safer there than anywhere. I hope that Ezra's mama(man do I love that name!) will allow me to post a few pictures I take of him up here bc my gosh is he just stunning!

Please pray for a speedy recovery for mom and rest for the whole family. Pray for God's will in their lives as a family of 6. Welcome to the big families club prepare to be stared at and ask all the funny questions that us moms of many blog about. Please also pray for my other friend's twin girls who are a week old today. One is doing amazing and the other who has trisomy 1 is fighting. I thank the Lord for every day that they have with their girls. Also pray for one more family who lost their baby at 14 weeks gestation. And one more if you can fit it in, pray for continued healing among my sick kiddos. Thanks so much.

Be blessed

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment