"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

One month Gotcha-versary!!!

I cant believe it has been a month. Some days it feels as if Noah has always been here and always been mine. Other days it seems like yesterday his birthmom handed him to me and said "Here is your son." Beautiful words were never spoken.

I had this big idea to get a cupcake and a candle and sing Happy Gotcha day to him but time got away from us and our little miracle fell asleep. He had a long day again. We spent most of the day at Childrens Hospital again this week. Tomorrow we will be there again and then one more time on Wednesday.

I can't really reflect on his gotcha day because today I am focused on Noah and his doctors. They found a mass on his liver. No one can say yet what it is, but Wednesday they will do an ultrasound. The GI doctor told us Noah lost weight and is now labeled as Failure to Thrive. We discussed our options, add rice cereal to his bottles or put in a feeding tube. We are trying very hard to avoid a feeding tube. Tomorrow we have to get an echo done and an ekg and see the cardiologist. Hopefully no bad news.

Sorry this post sucks, its late I have to get back to work and all I want to do is sleep. I know that all too soon I will have to get up and take Noah back to the hospital. I already put a request in for my own personal parking space at the hospital, they said they would look into it. :)

Be blessed

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for Noah and for your family! Blessings and hugs - Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the worry must be consuming you all. Believe me when I say that I know. I will definitely be saying extra prayers for Noah and your family to help you through this time. If there's anything I can do to help, please just ask. Happy Gotcha-versary! Give sweetness a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete