"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day from a Mom's POV

First and foremost I wanted to wish my husband a very very happy fathers day. Thank you for always leaping with me into the unknown, for doing what God called you to do without regret or complaint but just simply because you were ask. Thank you for being my rock and a leader, a man after God's own heart. We love you!

Today has been a great day.

I dressed all the kids in their old navy fathers day tees. They said My dad is king of the castle. They all looked so cute. The Pastor was on fire today. I almost yelled from my seat PREACH IT! but I refrained. He was talking about Fathers and the fatherless. It was truly just an awesome message. I hope more people answer the call and adopt a child. 147 million orphans is a big number but our God is bigger, Amen!

After church Paul got to pick the restaurant of choice and to my surprise he picked Olive Garden. So we had a really good lunch of soup, salad and bread sticks. Half way through dinner Sarie announces that she has to use the potty, lol. Are you kidding me? A kid who is not potty trained and has no interest in it wants to suddenly pee on the potty! Good Grief!! AJ was melting down because she was in desperate need of a nap, haha. At one point she put her head on the table to go to sleep.

Next we went to pick up Paul's cake. We got him a baskin robbins ice cream cake shaped like a root beer float. It was cute and also very very good. When we finally got home we decided to take a swim while AJ slept. Cherry and I got a tummy ache from lunch but were feeling better now.So we swam and then Paul decided to make an outdoor theater. We completed the evening by watching a movie outside some times swimming and watching sometimes just watching the movie on a blanket eating popcorn. All in all I think it was a pretty great day.

I thought a lot about Noah's birth father. I wondered how he was feeling and what emotions he may be going through on this first fathers day. I prayed for him on and off all day. When I finally had a minute to sit in front of the computer I checked my email and got a message from him. He enjoyed very much the collage I made for him. He said he misses Noah everyday. I can not imagine what he and Noah's birth mom are going through right now. Keep them in your prayers please. I hope all of you dad's and mom's out there had a wonderful day.








Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment