"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 11, 2010

2 weeks..already?


This time two weeks ago I was getting ready to be handed my son. I was eating breakfast with Paul at a little hole in the wall in Fort Worth Texas. I don't think I could stop smiling or crying. We also were preparing to meet Noah's birth parents for the first time. They are wonderful people.

Time flies so fast, 2 weeks, really? If you think about it I have only known of Noah for 6 weeks. I can't believe how God orchestrated all of this. How a door closed and an open heart and mind and a promise from God led us to a phone call that led us to Noah. I can't even imagine what my world would be like had I not made that call. What would Noah's life be like had I not made that call, and his first mama and daddys lives? Why did God chose us to raise this child? I wish I could see the bigger picture so I do everything right.

I was thinking about the Ukraine and Russia today. Noah is having a lot of feeding issues and it made me so grateful that he is here with us and was born in America. In Russia they feed them all in a bottle and only have so long to eat. There is no way Noah would have survived over there. They would have given up on him and if he only got 3 oz a day then who would care.

I am just so grateful for everyone who helped us bring him home and to his first mom and dad and his foster mom and dad and most of all to God for allowing us this dream come true.

Oh and here is a poem Noah's foster mom sent us.
HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD
A meeting was held quite far from Earth!
It's time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the LORD above,
This Special Child will need much love.

His progress may be very slow,
Accomplishments he may not show.
And he'll require extra care
From the folks he meets down there.

He may not run or laugh or play,
His thoughts may seem quite far away,
In many ways he won't adapt,
And he'll be known as handicapped.

So let's be careful where he's sent,
We want his life to be content.
Please LORD, find the parents who
Will do a special job for you.

They will not realize right away
The leading role they're asked to play,
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for their gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild,
Is HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD.

by Edna Massionilla
December 1981

Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment