"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

More Doctors

Today Noah and I went back to Children's Hospital. It is such a wonderful hospital, the staff is amazing and it is really geared for kids. Today it was grape elevator to the cow. I kid you not thats how they said it, haha. Past the alligator right of the sea pod down the hall to the elephant, haha. Anyways today was genetics. They looked at him and measured everything.

A couple things concerned me

1. No weight gain
(children with chromosome problems do not gain weight or height like other children. There is a very real chance Noah will be tiny.)

2. Large liver?
(She thought she felt that it was a bit on the larger side. She didnt seem overly concerned though.)



So other than those two things everything she said and did I understood and they were all so compassionate. They want us to see a cardiologist and definitely the GI doctor. The doctor also said Noah was tongue tied and his tongue was larger than normal. Noah had some issues feeding this morning but by the end of the night he had mastered all his problems and even took a full 6 oz formula bottle. He has never done that for us. He was a bit fussy tonight but I think that is from being passed around and held so much today.

All in all everyone agrees that our beautiful little boy is just doing amazing!

Be blessed

1 comment:

  1. Linnea - your family is so beautiful! We are so excited about our first adoption. I pray that pursuing a special needs domestic adoption will be our calling! Noah is gorgeous! We have 5 bio daughters ages 22 to 1. We just changed our home study to domestic and are almost finished! We need help knowing who to contact or who can help us from there. Thank you for your intro on Yahoo Groups! I look forward to following your blog!

    Blessings - Kelli Stever
    www.ourlittlenoodles.blogspot.com
    envyshope@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete