"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Usually Ashlee writes the blogs, but she asked me to write this one about Father's day.

This year is a bit different, its the first father's day where I have a son. Still feels weird to say. Still processing it all I think because the whole adoption happened so fast. I can't imagine what its like to be Noah's birth-dad. To have your first father's day and not have your son there. Will he be thinking about him tomorrow, or does he have to force those thoughts out to stay sane? I'm glad that I'm not on his side of the fence, I couldn't imagine not having my kids around me.

I wondered what it was going to be like to have a child in our family that wasn't birthed to us. Really, when he got here, there isn't any difference between how I feel about him and my girls. I love them all the same. Even though sometimes it's hard to process that he's my son, even though he came from somewhere else...

So far being a dad to a son is different after 4 girls, but I have a feeling that the differences are just beginning.

Ok, well I'm not much of a writer so thats really all I have to say. The blogging is better left to Ashlee...

-Paul

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I had my 1st son. For whatever reason, I just liked saying, "I have a son.". It'll become natural.

    ReplyDelete