"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Step forward..maybe

So after we had been screwed with long enough we took matters into our own hands. A great friend of mine who has adopted told us to investigate a little. So we tried and failed. We have no idea how to investigate into this huge world of adoption. We made baby steps that turned into life changing ones.

First I contacted the woman who sent us the email about Faith. She couldnt help a lot but she sent me to a yahoo group. On that yahoo group I ask for friends since I am new at this, never saying any of our trouble or our agencies name. I found several friends who I then looked into, checking out their blogs and seeing what they looked like. After feeling pretty safe that they were not affiliated with the agency I told them my problem.

This is where the story gets interesting. Each woman had really great advice and resources. Through them we found a lawyer that is Russian that can practice here and in Russia and also found a new agency that found our daughters paperwork and said they could help. This means we can get on with this and not have to deal with this other agency screwing us around.

We still have to get out of this other agency and pray they give us the money back. Pray for them they need a change of heart in how they treat adoptions and how they treat these children.

So far today no one has said anything, no word from any adoption agency. Someone did say that because I homeschool and I was abused as a child I may not be able to adopt bc in Russia they dont like that. I dunno where to go from here, just waiting on the Lord.

Thanks for all the prayers, we are really feeling them, please keep them coming. Pray for the money to come in for the adoption and for us to know what to do and when to do it. Also pray that faith finds her forever family and if that isnt us then pray we can heal from this experience. I am most worried about the kids. I dont want them to be upset if Faith doesnt come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment