"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Spaghetti dinner a SUCCESS

Last night was amazing! God is so good, ALL the time. We had about 250 people Paul said, show up and support us in our adoption. The night started out rocky. I was in the kitchen so that right there is a recipe for disaster. I had the sauce in crock pots cooking and the meatballs in some kind of cooker things, they were fine. I am really good with putting something in like a crock pot and leaving it do its thang, lol. Not so good on the have to stir and cook and do it all myself thing.


So at first I was the only one there and had things under control. The water for the pasta started boiling so I stuck it in. Here's where things got sticky. I couldnt find a spoon for a few minutes so the pasta sat in the pot unstirred. I didnt think to break it in half or anything. That pasta burnt about to a crisp as did another big pot of it. Reinforcements showed up in the form of my gram and a really great lady from church, Peggy. THANK YOU! They helped as best they could which turned out to be way better than I was doing, but time was a factor. We had to throw out so much pasta because it was burnt. So we had to start over with only 60 mins until guests arrive.



Now at this point if it were a tv show you would be on the edge of your seat, Can they finish in time? Commercial break. Peggy called for back up. Soon Mary and Breana showed up, THANK YOU!!!!! At about 45 mins til guests I decided to go get dressed. I went down to get dressed and my pants didnt fit. I had to run home find pants get dressed and come back. I get home with 30 mins til guests arrive. I get dressed as fast as I can, stinkin pants were too big and made me look so wide but anyways...get back to the car and IT WONT START! It's ok. I will survive. Finally get the car started and am on my way.







I get there and no big surprise the kitchen is running smoothly and things are getting done. All is right with the world and we are about to start. Guests start arriving and the rest shall we say is history. But I'll go into detail :) The Freepraise team opened in prayer and we started to get our food. The kids from freepraise did an amazing job with serving and entertaining us. If I knew all there names I would thank them all personally, but I dont so THANK YOU FREEPRAISE!!!!(Thank you Kathy and David too!) Big thanks to Ashlyn for taking all the pictures.




Paul and I spoke about our journey and the process and also about what God calls us to do according to His Word. It concluded with prayer. I know I shouldnt have been but I was so surprised and blessed at the amount of support the amount of people who came up to lay hands on us and pray with us. THANK YOU!!!I dont do much public emotion so I hope no one thought I was cold. I have spent probably less than 2 hours not crying since we started this process and waited until I got home to shed some tears. Thank you all so much for donating food, sauce, money, time, prayer. Words just cant express how much you all mean to me. THANK YOU!






And the moment you have all been waiting for....the total amount given last night was............1817.48!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

I pray God blesses you all as much as you have blessed Paul, the kids and myself. Thank you.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like things are finally starting to look up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! What a success it was! I'm so glad it went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank guys. Things on our part are looking up but the agency is still not responding to us or processing our papers. Prayers needed.

    ReplyDelete