"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A day at the Beach

Today we went to the beach. Such fun. Although I will say that my Pennsylvania sunscreen doesn't work here in Ca. Once again I am burnt to a crisp. Ouch. We had a wonderful time. Noah loves the water! Those of you who know me know I am not one to get into water I can not see the bottom of or water with critters in it, but today I felt so free. I went out into the waves deeper and deeper. I wasnt brave, oh no, I was scared half to death but I did it. I even rode a few waves into shore. It was so much fun. I also built a sand castle. I never get in sand either. I have just felt so rested and relaxed I am more carefree and open to having fun. Oh how I missed my girls at the beach today. I know they would have loved it.


Before the beach I got a message from Noah's birthmom via email. It said to call her asap. My heart skipped a few beats. I was scared. I ran and ask Nancy what to do. She gave me her phone and said to call her. She told me it was alright, Noah was ours and nothing bad would happen. She said Birthmom knew we were taking really good care of him and it is fine. I called and she answered. She thought Noah had already had his surgery and was worried about him. Her computer broke so she had just gotten my messages and just wanted to make sure our son was okay. I could have cried. She is so great! She loves him and cares about him. I told her when his surgery was and that I would let her know right after. We talked about thanksgiving and us flying her up. I told her I would make sure our adoption agency was okay with it but hoped she could come in for Noah's dedication. She was very excited. As are we. I put Noah on the phone and said Noah talk to ****( I said her name but will not publicly say it on here) He cooed and she talked it was nice. I am glad she could do that. I hung up the phone and Nancy ask if I was alright, I said I could use a stiff drink! I called Paul to assure him everything was fine and he said he knew because there is nothing she can do anyways. Yes I know this but I dont want problems ya know. Some days I still think this is all too good to be true and right around the corner the pain is waiting to hit me.

We did go on to have a beautiful day. It is so nice staying with a gourmet cook. Tonight we had tomato capazzi and some guacamole stuff and amazing bread. Then we got in the hot tub and then sat around the fire pit roasting marshmallows talking about vomit. LOL It was perfect! I miss my family a lot, but I love not having the stress of so many doctors appointments. I know Noah needs the doctors and would not trade adopting him for the world, but some times it is so nice to have a break from hospitals and doctors and therapist and case workers and all that. Its nice just to be. Here are some pictures of us just being us.











Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment