"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 24, 2011

James 5:16

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

I just wanted to thank you all for praying for our Noah. Yesterday I was feeling very upset that Noah had once again lost weight. I was scared and nervous and losing weight just brings to mind that my son does have Trisomy 8. He will not grow out of this. This may affect his life and how long he is here with us, but praise the Lord, today my son is here, happy and eating.

Thats right guys Noah is eating. Yesterday he ate a hole cup of yogurt. Then I was eating a snack and he was opening his mouth like he wanted some. I was so amazed. I ran to the kitchen and had an idea. His sisters were all having mini hershey bars for a snack. I thought....Noah needs to gain, I cant eat hershey bars because they will make me fat. Noah should have hershey bars!!! But how? He cant bite or chew. So I took 3 mini hershey bars, 1/4 cup of milk and half a banana and blended it together. Let me tell you if I ever wanted to eat something it was that. It smelled like the chocolate factory in Hershey, Pa. It looked like Heaven. Yum! I refrained. I did feed it to Noah and he ate a little more than half of it. Way to go weeman!!

Last night I took the kids to a Mexican cafe just me plus 5 please. I gave Noah some Mexican food which he use to love then stopped eating. He ate some last night. After that I took them to Apple-icious. He ate about half of my mango smoothie. Praise the Lord!

So this morning when he woke up I decided to try again. I made him applesauce mixed with bananas. He ate the entire bowl. For lunch I gave him mango, strawberry, pineapple smoothie. I mixed the frozen fruit with about 1/2 cup of milk or so and it made ice cream :) He ate probably 10 bites or so. Not a ton but hey it was something.

I know that there is no rhyme or reason for this. I know that is is only because we have prayed and God chose to answer our prayers. So I thank you. Really thank you so much for taking time out of your own lives to care about my son. To pray for my son. To love my son. I can only hope that he will continue to eat more and more and soon he will have a gain rather than a loss but for now I am at peace. I know Noah was given to us by God for a little while and I will make the best of the time I have with him.I do believe God has healed him, his cleft palate is gone, developmentally he is on target, he is making huge strides in walking and other skills, he has not thrown up or gotten sick in months now and now he is eating again. Our God is so good. As are all of you.

Heres a bit of cuteness from my boy :)


Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment