"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

God hears our prayers

When I was unpacking a box of books I found a Bible that my friend Mary gave me. It is called Grace for the Moment Daily Bible. The devotionals are from Max Lucado. Well I picked it up tonight and read today. Then like always I like to get a sneak peek on the next day and when I turned the page it was just BAM! Right there.This is what it says.

"God hears our prayers.

I cry out to God; I call to God and he will hear me. Psalm 77:1

When a friend told Jesus of the illness of Lazarus he said, 'Lord, the one you love is sick.' He doesnt base his appeal on the imperfect love of the one in need, but on the perfect love of the Savior. He doesnt say,'The one who loves you is sick.' He says,'The one you love is sick.' The power of the prayer, in other words, does not depend on the one who makes the prayer, but on the one who hears the prayer. We can and must repeat the phrase in manifold ways. 'The one you love is tired, sad, hungry, lonely, fearful, depressed.' The words of the prayer vary, but the response never changes. The Savior hears the prayer. He silences heaven, so he wont miss a word. he hears the prayer." -from the Great House of God.

I read the above and had an ah-ha moment. I hate to use that phrase because I can not stand Oprah or what she stands for. I read a post from my friend who in reading between the lines seems to be tired and weary and who could blame her. Her kid has battled cancer for most of her life. So many people are praying for this family. I pray for them and am so careful as to what I say. I sometimes feel as though the weight of the world rest on my words. If I say it this way then it will all be ok but if I say it this way then what if something bad happens and then it is all my fault. Then I think about what if my faith isnt strong enough and my prayers are just falling through the cracks. When I read this tonight it was comforting to me and I hope to bring comfort to someone else by posting this. When it said "The power of the prayer, in other words, does not depend on the one who makes the prayer, but on the one who hears the prayer." So it doesnt matter the words I say all that matters is that God and Jesus hear me. God loves the ones I pray for more than I do, more than anyone on earth does and that amazing to me.

So if you feel like your prayers arent being heard or if you have fear or worry or depression just cry out to God, "The one you love is sick Lord." And know that God always hears our prayers.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment