"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Own Backyard


I wanted to change the world.

All my life that was my dream. When I was younger it was considered cute, when I got older it was naive now its just time to grow up. Why do people try to stifle others from changing the world. Maybe it is because one person doing one thing isnt enough to really change the world. But then I think of the star fish story, oh you know the one. Anyone who has ever even heard about someone adopting has heard of the Starfish Story.

When I thought about changing the world I thought of Africa, Guatemaula, far off distant lands, 3rd world countries. I was going to travel the world changing it. But I never got there. I heard about others going and was jealous. Not a great color on me. I wanted so much to be great to do great things for God. I have 5 kids when I can I pick up and leave for Africa?


Then we felt God called us to adoption. We were going to adopt an orphan from Russia and travel there and save her. Finally I could change the world..for one, but still I could change the world. Then we lost her. God hadnt called us to Russia at all but to Texas. Texas...seriously? There is no need in Texas, again I fail at doing anything great for God. I got an amazing son and would not trade him for all of Russia.

Then we felt God call us back to Texas only this time to stay. It is beautiful here. But again I felt this urgency to do great things. When could I get to Africa? To Haiti? Anywhere... then it happened.

God called me to Texas. He called me to do great things in Texas. Really? Texas? I realized on my way home from the NICU of a local hospital that God put me right there to use me for His glory. It wasn't about going to far off places. Those places need people too but I was not one of them. I am not called to Africa, I am not called to Haiti, I am not called to Guatemala. I...I am called to be right here in Texas right now. And you know what? Thats perfectly ok with me.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment