"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Marcus

I have to tell you about my friend Marcus. Marcus is 18 years old and last night looking ever so handsome he was crowned homecoming king! When his mama texted me to tell me he made the court I cried, when she told me he won I bawled. You see Marcus, my very handsome friend has down syndrome.

Marcus was 8 years old when we met. He was a short chunky lil kid with lots of spunk. He absolutely loved basketball and ketchup! The kid put ketchup on everything. Ketchup and ranch dip that is. He even dipped his pancakes in ketchup. Hey you like what you like right? Marcus could be a handful but what kid isnt at some point right.

He participates in special olympics and is a wonderful swimmer. His room is filled with trophies and ribbons. He is just like any other teenage boy. Knowing Marcus has only blessed my life more than I could imagine. I hope one day to have a child with down syndrome...yes you absolutely heard me right. Paul and I hope that in the future God would bless us with a child like Marcus. He is such a shining star.

I must say that I am so very very proud of the kids at Marcus's school. For them to pick him and hang out with him and love him the way we all do is just wonderful. Maybe that generation isnt so bad after all.




Be Blessed!

1 comment: