"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Smoke is coming outta my head aka I have an idea

Can you who are local help me with something?

When Paul lost his job(a long while ago) we were in trouble. No savings, no money coming in and 2 in diapers. God needed to provide. We clung to God with everything we had, the same when we adopted, I miss that. Anyways we had a diaper fairy who dropped diapers and a gift card off on our door and it blessed us so much. We prayed so hard for diapers and there they were one day on the porch. God is so good. We had to also use the food bank twice when he lost his job. There is no shame in that. That is what they are there for. But that is only food. What about the people with little ones in diapers?

So my idea is to start a diaper bank here at my house. All size diapers and if someone needs some they would come here or I can meet them somewhere and give them a pack a diapers. They don't have to be by the worlds definition of "poor". There would be no judgments, just diapers. We all get into a pinch at times and life is full of ups and downs. None of us have any kind of job security in this world. The Lord gives and the Lord takes. So if you need some diapers I would love to help you.

Well I could not do this alone. We have been blessed but no way I could afford to buy all kinds of diapers while still having 3 in diapers myself. So I am asking for your help. Here is how you can help

~pray.

God has laid this on my heart for months now. Way before the adoption but I never did anything with it. The Holy Spirit confirmed while talking to a woman at church this would be the thing to do.

~give me ideas

Help me start this project. What do I need to do? What are the legalities of something like this.

~donate.

If you have old diapers that you have out of the package that don't fit any of your kids and you were going to throw them out, think about donating them. I would be happy to pick up some within a reasonable distance from me or meet somewhere to pick them up.

~non local?

Start a diaper bank of your own. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have diaper banks be as well known and as big as food banks. Then we probably need to have people fill out applications and give finance information, but right now all I want to do is give to those that ask.

I really want to do this. I hope that God would bless this and bless others with this. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!!! I have had the same thoughts as you at least a few times in our lives! We have little ones in pull-ups & diapers and they are so expensive - especially w/o coupons. I have actually given away coupons but this is even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's brainstorm together... I think this is a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a great idea! My sister gave me a bunch of diapers my niece outgrew, but Leah won't be wearing them for a long while. I'd love to donate them!

    ReplyDelete