"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Noah's 1st meeting with his therapists

Today Noah had 3 therapies. First up was OT. So we waited until she came to feed him his bottle. He made a liar outta me and ate the whole thing no problems. HA! She did suggested smaller feeds more frequently. That may be tough since I feel like all I ever do is feed this child.She gave up helpful tips for him, remarked on how beautiful a child he is and then left. It was a great first meeting.

After that he slept about an hour and then I had to wake him up for DV. She said that she expected him to look different, more like a baby with downs(dont I wish!). She said, "he looks....normal.. ???" I had to chuckle. Yes he does doesnt he. She worked with him and put him in the bumbo seat and told me some neat things I could do to help him. She blew bubbles with him and he did so well. He tracked them very well, moving his head from side to side. I got out the video camera and of course he didnt do it! Stinker!! The DV tried to get him to roll over and to grasp an object over head but he didnt do either.

Finally it was the PT. She confirmed it was okay to put him in the bumbo for 15- 20 mins a day or maybe 2x a day. We were talking about Noah and she told me her son has Down Syndrome I told her how lucky she was and then told her all about what they do to kids with DS in other countries..maybe she will be adopting? Who knows, at least her eyes are opened. Noah was cooing and talking to us and smiling. Then I did this bouncy thing I do with him and he was giggling, I almost cried. I could feel the tears coming but held them back bc of the company that I was in.

All in all it was a great day. Noah decided to sleep a little then spend the rest of the evening laughing at his sisters, rolling on his side and talking to his dad. Also great news is they say Noah is basically on target in most areas of development. YAY! That is only thanks to God and a woman that cared so much for my little man and did everything in her power to see he overcame and boy has he! Thank you Nancy, without you I would not be holding my son and watching him sleep, mohawk and all :)

Here are some videos, you may not grasp the hugeness of what is going on but boy do we. He is turning his head tracking from side to side something once thought Noah would never do. Way to prove them all wrong. maybe dad was right Buddy, maybe you were just faking having special needs so we could get you at a discount? LOL!




Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment