"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

National Adoption Month


November is national ADOPTION month! How cool is that?! Have you adopted? If not what are you waiting for? It is the most awesome thing that has ever happened to us and I am so grateful. So thankful. What do you say when handed the gift of a human life? Thanks hardly seems like enough.

Adoption completed our family. I cant imagine where we would be right now without our littlest miracle. Noah is so amazing. He inspires me to be great. All my children are unique and bring their own beauty and wonder into our lives, but Noah.....he is extra special. Oh man that sounds horrible, lol. I dont mean it that way. Really.

Noah has Trisomy 8 which unless you are just joining me today you already know this. Trisomy 8 is incompatible with life(so they say). Who in their right mind would adopt a baby with that attached to him?! Well...Paul and I never claimed to be in our right minds :) Sometimes living radically for Jesus means doing something that the world thinks is crazy. Dying on the cross seems crazy but I am so glad Jesus did that for me. Me? I can say that Jesus died for your sins easily but when it comes to me...well I pause. Really? I have a man that loved me so much even though we never met He would lay down His life for me? Thats love. And in some small way I want to do something to please Him. Not because it'll get me into Heaven, but because He's my Papa and I love Him and He ask me to.

But back to my point, adopting a child with a special need or who the doctors say will die at any time seems crazy. I have to say though without Noah we would not be who we are today. Seems like a bold statement but its true. He is amazing. He is everything we have ever wanted and needed without ever knowing we did.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment