"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

Micah 6:8

“He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8



I love that verse and that song. But to tell the truth I dont really know what it means. I have been asking God to show me what it means. I had to look up each word.

To act justly.

To love mercy.

To walk humbly with our God.

justly: 1. Honorable and fair in one's dealings and actions: a just ruler. See Synonyms at fair
2. Consistent with what is morally right; righteous: a just cause.
3. Properly due or merited: just deserts.
4. Law Valid within the law; lawful: just claims.
5. Suitable or proper in nature; fitting: a just touch of solemnity.
6. Based on fact or sound reason; well-founded: a just appraisal.

Mercy: noun 1. Compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm: "the boy was begging for mercy".
An event to be grateful for, esp. because its occurrence prevents something unpleasant or provides relief from suffering.

Humbly: Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.
Verb: Lower (someone) in dignity or importance: "I knew he had humbled himself to ask for my help".

I need to be fair when dealing with people. I need to show compassion and forgiveness and I need to make myself less and God more. Wow. I get it now. What a huge task. But that is what God requires of me. Requires. I know that word. I know that meaning. That means its not a choice or something nice I do God demands it. That is what is good. Oh I have such a long way to go.

Lord,
Thank you for loving me in spite of all my failures. Thank you for blessing me when I dont deserve it. God help me to live out Micah 6:8. When I get angry or want to react or judge bring to mind Micah 6:8. Let it always be in the front of my mind. Help me God to do what is required of me. Help me to be less and You more. Please God let people forget me and only remember You. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.


Please friends hold me accountable.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment