"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

We decided on a name

Just like during our pregnancies a girl's name was always easy for us to agree upon. Well after we had our last beautiful baby I still had 2 names I wanted to use. One was Irena, but we didnt have a middle name. Irena was what I had wanted because I had learned about Irena Sendler that got 2500 jewish kids out of the warsaw ghetto during the holocaust. I thought it was a beautiful strong name.

When we found this baby we are trying to adopt, the agency had named her Faith. That is not her real name and we do not know her real name yet. So we have been calling her and praying for her as Faith. It stuck. She is a Faith to us. Well I thought why not Irena Faith? Then I started looking at Russian names as well as other names I like, like Nevaeh, Addison, Addy, but still felt very strongly about Irena. While looking at names I looked up meanings and didnt like the meanings to some of the other considerations, but found that Irena means peace. How pretty. Sarie's name means peace and Trinity's middle name is Fayth.

I wondered about how other parents name their adoptive kids. Did they keep the Russian names or not. Most of them were changed especially if the court named the child. Some kept the name but changed the spelling to Americanize it. I have since the beginning thought of her as Faith and then wanted Irena in front of it that I couldnt imagine calling her anything else. So we did the opposite as some of the parents. We gave her a name an gave her a Russian spelling.

So her name will be Irina Faith. I think it suites her. Though I have never met her. Paul and I are anxious to find out her real name. I also want to find out how she was named. If her mother named her then maybe we will put that in her name somewhere, if she was named by a dr or the state I dont want to keep that because they wouldnt have taken the time like a mother does to name their beautiful child.

So from now on when you pray for us you can pray for Irina Faith by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment