"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

A Son.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about Mary, Jesus' mom. It is probably because it is Christmas time and also I think because I have a son.

I'm not Catholic so I wasnt brought up learning or hearing much about Mary. In fact I never really thought about her much until last year. It's different having a son.

I can't imagine what Mary was going through. She was young, the Bible says. She wasnt married. Her son was fully human and fully God. She birthed God, she nursed God, she changed God's poopy diapers. Can you imagine? I never really thought about Jesus needing His diaper changed. Do you think she knew He was going to die such a horrific death for you and me? Do you think she got angry or bitter when she knew what His calling was? Do you think she spanked Him? I wonder if He ever needed spanked? I wonder if she sat on the ground and played with Him? I wish I was born in that time.

I can't imagine what she went through seeing her son being taken away and hung on a cross. How many people had to hold her back? If you are a mother you know what I mean. If someone tries to hurt my child there is an intense rage in me that kicks in and makes me want to kill them protect my child. I wish I could just talk to her. Share parenting stories. Hear about Jesus as a child....

2 comments:

  1. I've wondered the same things. Last week I was watching a "documentary" where they were speculating/re-enacting what Jesus' life as a boy must have been like. Thinking about Jesus as a boy, not just the man, I caught myself asking the same questions you're asking. It must have been so difficult for her, but I know she found peace in the knowledge that her and his suffering was for the good of all mankind. Still, as a mother my heart breaks for her and all parents who suffer the loss of a child in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the Passion of the Christ put those kinds of elements in the movie. It helps us to see that Jesus was fully human too! He put himself in our place in so many ways. Good thought Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete